Thursday, March 17, 2011

Excerpt From Monroe's Paranormal Investigations.

Below is an excerpt from Monroe's Paranormal Investigations

www.amazon.com/s/ref=NB=sb_noss


  I was fresh out of the service and looking for a job, so I decided to put some of the skills I learned in the Army to use.  I attended night school, obtained my private detective's licence, and opened up my own agency.
   My name is Mike Monroe, and I own Monroe's Paranormal Investigations. Most of the stuff I did in the military was covert OPPS: weird stuff that you wouldn't believe, and most of it I can't talk about because it's classified.  Most of the work I do is freelance work for the government, or private  clients who have a problem that the police or military can't, or won't handle.  If it's too weird or strange for the military they call me-I specialize in weird.
   Remember all those stories you heard when you were young about ghost, vampires, zombies and werewolves?  The one your mother said weren't real?  Well, your mother lied.
   It was about six months after I opened the agency, on a warm summer evening.  I was down at the office,  things were slow and I was getting board.  The Dodgers were loosing, so I switched off the radio and stepped out of the front door of my office.
   I thought maybe I'd stroll down to the liquor store, buy a six-pack and then head home.  The warm summer heat hit my face, making me sweat.  Here it was 9pm and it was still hot.
   At least I don't live up on the high desert, somewhere like Barstow, I thought to myself as I strolled down the sidewalk to the liquor store on the corner.  The temperature up there on the high desert could be brutal in the summertime.
   I heard the sound of shoe leather scraping the sidewalk behind me.  I started to turn, and that was when I felt a blunt object come crashing down on my head.  Pain shot through my skull, my vision went white for a fraction of a second, and I succumbed to darkness.

***

2 comments:

  1. What an intriguing excerpt! I really enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. The book is now available at Amazon.com and on Barns and Noble's webpage.

    ReplyDelete